A huge thank you to everyone who has helped welcome a new school year! Each morning when we open the doors to greet students, our team is filled with pride. Our community relationships are strengthened by each one of you and we hope you feel that deep connection as well.
If you were unable to make it to some of our opening events, we wanted to share a few highlights:
- Chip Wood, co-founder of the Responsive Classroom approach, stopped by to talk with both our faculty and our families. Knowing that both educators and parents are a child’s teacher, Mr. Wood’s conversation focused on strategies to support children through the different developmental stages they go through during their time at Beauvoir.
- The Beauvoir Parents Association held its first meeting of the year on Tuesday, September 10. In her first official address, Cara Hur, PA President, told the story of how her own family chose Beauvoir, welcomed new families to the school, and introduced the new PA leadership to the community. Head of School, Cindi Gibbs-Wilborn, reminded us that our community is enhanced when we grow together – and we are certainly doing that as we launch this new year!
- To make sure all students were able show their Beauvoir spirit, the PA Logo committee set up the annual Logo Sale in the front lobby from September 11 – 13. (Stay tuned for upcoming opportunities to snag some BVR swag!)
- As our third-grade families prepare for their last year at Beauvoir, they are eagerly looking toward their child’s next educational adventure. This week, parents were able to attend the first Outplacement Coffee of the year hosted by NCS. This panel was composed of not only faculty, but also three Beauvoir alums who have continued their education on the Close.
- Finally, we concluded the week with Spirit Day! It was such a pleasure to see the gym filled with our students in Beauvoir Green during our first Community Meeting. We shared happy wishes for our own Officer Sarah Musse, who is taking a leave of absence from Beauvoir to attend basic training for the Army Military Police. Congratulations and many thanks to Sarah!
On behalf of Beauvoir’s entire faculty and staff – we are so grateful for the energy and support our community has shown as we launched the school year.
Welcome Back to School Day!
The Welcome Service for Faculty and Staff: A Close-Wide Tradition
Meeting Our Newest Colleagues
A Visit from Chip Wood
Spirit Day, Community Meeting, and our Jr. Head of School for the Day
A Glimpse Into Beauvoir: Stay Tuned for Much More!