- a feeling of fellowship with others, as a result of sharing common attitudes, interests, and goals.
- a group of people living in the same place or having a particular characteristic in common.
- Beauvoir, the National Cathedral Elementary School.
Over the past year, there has been a wide range of emotions occupying our minds, hearts, and spirits. This past week is no different as we prepare to learn the outcome of the 2020 U.S. Presidential Election. It is difficult to duck these swelling waves, as they have been peaking for the past three days and will soon roll onto shore with the final results. Regardless of the outcome, I trust that the Beauvoir community can hold onto these important truths that have always been the golden thread of our institution’s fabric:
- The Beauvoir Life Rules—respect, responsibility, honesty, and kindness—matter.
- Together, we are stronger as a community because of our differences.
- Everyone belongs and has a voice.
- Every Beauvoir decision honors children first.
- We approach every challenge with confidence, courage, and faithful spirit.
- Our children are watching and listening.
- The one thing we will always have in common is our care for and support of children.
- We are in this together.
With blessings and peace,
Head of School